Toll for using the Karavanke road tunnel.
Karavanke road tunnel
Toll for using the Karavanke road tunnel driving from the Slovenian side can be paid in the following ways:
- R1 vehicles: at the Hrušica toll station;
- R3 and R4 vehicles: using the DarsGo system. The toll is charged via the DarsGo system when the vehicle with the correctly installed DarsGo unit drives through the tolling point. Each user receives instructions on how to properly install and use the unit upon its purchase. Instructions are also available at: www.darsgo.si
- Since the implementation of the DarsGo system on 1 April 2018, vehicles driving on the motorway section managed by DARS d.d. are tolled in both directions, i.e. from the Hrušica ramp to the border crossing inside the tunnel, and vice versa. The section is now tolled electronically and no longer by stopping at the toll station.
- Information on how to pay the Karavanke tunnel toll driving from Austria is available at the ASFINAG website.
Karavanke road tunnel toll price list
The price list for using the Karavanke road tunnel is stipulated by the government of the Republic of Slovenia in the Decree on the Karavanke tunnel toll. The Karavanke tunnel is exempt from toll charging based on the EURO emission standard.
R1: Vehicles whose maximum permissible weight does not exceed 3,500 kg
Motor vehicles whose maximum permissible weight does not exceed 3,500 kg, with a trailer or without
|Price in EUR without VAT:||5,90|
|Price in EUR with VAT:||7,20|
R3: Vehicles whose maximum permissible weight exceeds 3,500 kg
Motor vehicles with two or three axles and whose maximum permissible weight exceeds 3,500 kg, and groups of vehicles with two or three axles and whose maximum permissible towing vehicle weight exceeds 3,500 kg.
|Price in EUR without VAT:||4,69|
R4: Vehicles whose maximum permissible weight exceeds 3,500 kg
Motor vehicles with more than three axles and whose maximum permissible weight exceeds 3,500 kg, and groups of vehicles with more than three axles and whose maximum permissible towing vehicle weight exceeds 3,500 kg.
|Price in EUR without VAT:||9,38|
Drivers who frequently use the Karavanke road tunnel may purchase a non-transferable value card for a class R1 vehicle. The card can be purchased at the Hrušica toll station for 26,39 EUR (VAT not included) and enables the user to pass through the Karavanke road tunnel 14 times within the 30-day time period. It is linked to the vehicle registration plate number. Non-cash toll payment is possible by using a Slovenian or Austrian value card at the Hrušica toll station.
Terms and conditions for the use of Karavanke road tunnel value card
- The value card is valid for vehicles in the first toll-rate category. Expiration date is written on the front side of the card. Value cards not bearing the vehicle number are transferable. The same card cannot be used to pay the toll for more vehicles at once.
- The amount of credit charged to the card are in accordance with the valid price list and may be subject to change during the validity of the card. The validity period cannot be extended. Unused credit cannot be exchanged for cash. Lost cards are not replaced with new ones.
- Transferring credit to a card linked to a different registration plate number is possible if:
- the vehicle has been damaged (the user provides the police report on the traffic accident)
- the vehicle has been sold (the user provides the purchase contract)
- the vehicle is at a repair shop (the user provides the original work order)
- the vehicle has been removed from the list of registered vehicles (the user provides an official certificate).
- Transferring credits to a card linked to a different registration plate number is possible under the following circumstances:
- the user must provide a certificate (see previous point) before transferring credits to a new card (under no circumstance is transfer possible before providing a certificate)
- the user submits a receipt proving the purchase of the card,
- the card can only be renewed once (at most) during its validity period.
- In case of misuse, the card is invalidated and seized.
- Do not expose the card to heat or magnetic fields. Do not fold the card.
- We ask you to pay attention to the expiration date of card validity.
- You can ask the toll cashier to check your remaining credit.